Monday 18 June 2012

And I quote

With an obvious shameless intention to add one to the count of the posts, tonight Y intends to share a few of his favorite blood-boiling hair-raising teeth-grinding mosquito-crushing (borrowed) quotes.
"The Ninety-Nines... That’s what I call ‘em. Ninety-nine out of a hundred people can’t fathom what I do. They scratch their heads, can’t believe my dedication to this great sport. Many don’t even think this a sport or that I have a life. Never let others define your ‘life’ for you. This is what I have chosen. This is the road I’ve taken, with all the potholes, bumps, and turns. The Ninety-Nines, they can’t commit 100% to being their best, to step up one day and stand tall among the giants."
(The 'sport' here is bodybuilding)
This one is again from a fellow member of the brotherhood of iron, makes Y realize that there are more weights to be lifted...in the world and in the gym -
"When I was an overweight kid just starting out, my ma said, “Hold on, son.” She thought I was too young, supplements too unhealthy. She thought bodybuilding wasn’t a respectable sport, let alone a profession…

When some of my friends starting seeing my level of dedication, all the sacrifices I had to make, they said, “Hold on, man.” Maybe I wasn’t spending enough time partying with them, getting drunk every weekend. Maybe they weren't my friends…

When my past girlfriends learned how serious I was about bodybuilding, they said, “Hold on, baby.” They thought they had to compete against bodybuilding for my attention. They didn’t. But I couldn’t convince them otherwise…

When people on the street looked at me, they said, "Hold on, stranger." They couldn't understand why I wanted to be this big... Why I couldn't eat just one slice of cake when dieting... Why I was doing this to myself. They don't get it now and they never fucking will...

When I first dreamed of competing one day and took my fucking game to the next level, my training partner said, “Hold on, Wrath.” He couldn’t keep up. Maybe he didn’t want to…

After I started lifting, whenever I forgot why I got into this game, I told myself, “Hold on.” I didn't start lifting to get back at the bullies who beat the living shit out of me after school... It wasn't to be cool or popular... It wasn't to get ass.

Why'd I do it then? Shit, I did it for me. I do this because I was born to... It's in my blood. This sport grounds me, gives my life meaning. Listen brothers, this shit is not for the faint of heart. Few can do what it takes. We are among those few. When you feel like you're drowning, catch your breath. When you want to hang it up, stand firm. When you feel like you can’t diet another day, when it’s hard to pick yourself up off the couch, get the fuck up. People will want to knock you down. Temptations will try to hold you back. Obstacles will stand in your way. Smash the fuck through 'em."
And some more inspiration to burn the world -
"It's the well-behaved children that make the most formidable revolutionaries. They don't say a word, they don't hide under the table, they eat only one piece of chocolate at a time. But later on they make society pay dearly..." 

"Only think of two things - the report of the pistol and the tape. When you hear one, run like hell until you break the other" 

"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced."

"Those who hate most fervently must have once loved deeply; those who want to deny the world must have once embraced what they now set on fire..." 

 Copyright unreserved.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment